State Academic Eligibility Policy

Roosevelt Blue Cards

All students participating in athletic activities, dance and cheer must request a Blue Card from the Activities Office.

To complete a Blue Card request for 2023-2024 Winter Activities, students should complete this Roosevelt Blue Card Request Form  

Once submitted, Roosevelt Activities will verify all paperwork (guardian consent, code of conduct, COVID release, concussion protocol) and current physical are on file. If there is any missing paperwork or physical, the student will be notified via the email address entered on their Blue Card request form about what is missing.  When all paperwork and current physical are confirmed, a Blue Card will be completed for the student and given to the head coach prior to the first day of practice of the new season.

If a Blue Card is requested after the first day of practice the student must pick it up from the Activities Office and provide it to the coach. A Blue Card is required to practice and compete – no exceptions are allowed. 



Q. Will my Blue Card transfer from fall sports to winter sports (i.e., football to basketball)?

A. No. Blue Cards are activity-specific and are not transferable across activities. A new Blue Card must be requested for every athletic, dance and cheer program a student participates in.

Q. What happens if my physical expires before the end of the activity season?

A. When the Blue Card is completed, it will reflect the expiration date of the physical on file. The coaches will review Blue Cards at the start of the season and periodically throughout the season and provide reminders when the expiration date is drawing near. However, it’s ultimately the responsibility of the student to ensure they maintain an active physical. When a physical becomes expired, the student may not practice or compete in the activity.

Q. When can Blue Cards be requested for Spring and Summer Activities?

A. The online Blue Card request form will be available for all Spring and Summer Activities on January 2, 2024.

If you have any additional questions, please stop by the Roosevelt Activities Office or call 515.242.7277 for answers.